AMI Diploma Course
Interested in attending the AMI Adolescent Diploma Course?
The Montessori Centre for Work and Study at Rydet, Sweden is currently hosting the first AMI Diploma Course for the ages 12-18.
The second AMI 12-18 Diploma Course will commence October 25th, 2021.
If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Next AMI 12-18 Diploma Course
Applications are open for the next AMI 12-18 Diploma Course
- Session 1: October 25th - November 5th, 2021
- Session 2: July 4th - July 29th, 2022
Part 2: Takes place during the academic year 2022/2023
Part 3: TBD, Spring 2023
Please find the application form below
Applicants are accepted on a first come first serve basis, given all requirements are fulfilled
The AMI Diploma Course for ages 12-18 includes:
Part I (6 weeks):
- A study of Montessori theory including the first two planes of development (0-12), focusing on aspects relating to our work with adolescents
- Plan of Study and Work, including production and exchange, self-expression and community life for adolescents ages 12-18
- Residential experiences and work on the land
- Seminar discussions on Montessori texts
- Written assignments on Montessori principles applied to adolescents
Part II (during academic year):
- Observations of children and adolescents 0-6, 6-12, and 12-18
- Supervised practice teaching side-by-side with adolescents
Work with Administrators
- Additional study and writing on Montessori principles
- Independent literature review
Part III (6-7 weeks):
The follow-up module it there to further implement
and refine Montessori´s vision for the third plane of development. There will
be sharing of your observations and experience through the lens of Montessori core
principles in order to better support the adolescents in their developmental
task. Mini-workshops will also be given on theoretical and practical concerns.