AMI Diploma Course
Interested in attending the AMI Adolescent Diploma Course?
The Montessori Centre for Work and Study at Rydet, Sweden is currently hosting the second AMI Diploma Course for the ages 12-18.
If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Next AMI 12-18 Diploma Course
The first two weeks of Part I will take place onsite this autumn, October 31st to November 11th, 2022, at Montessoriskolan Lära för livet, Varberg, Sweden. We will present general Montessori theory and specifically the theory for 0-6 and 6-12. Montessoriskolan Lära för livet will provide us with a first-hand experience of these environments. Thus, the foundation will be laid for entering the third plane of development, 12-18 years and its characteristics and needs.
Having spent the two weeks this autumn on the foundation, getting to know the Montessori core principles, the remaining four weeks will take place onsite at The Montessori Centre for Work and Study, Rydet, Sätila, Sweden, June 26th to July 21st, 2023. This will consist of a residential experience on the land, doing the study and work of the adolescents and getting the everyday experience of an adolescent community.
Part II will take place during the following academic school year at your own convenience.
Part III will take place in the spring from April 2nd to May 10th, 2024, at Montessoriskolan Lära för livet, Varberg, Sweden.
FIND THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW!
Open application form to find fees and application requirements
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The AMI Diploma Course for ages 12-18 includes:
Part I (6 weeks):
- A study of Montessori theory including the first two planes of development (0-12), focusing on aspects relating to our work with adolescents
- Plan of Study and Work, including production and exchange, self-expression and community life for adolescents ages 12-18
- Residential experiences and work on the land
- Seminar discussions on Montessori texts
- Written assignments on Montessori principles applied to adolescents
Part II (during academic year):
- Observations of children and adolescents 0-6, 6-12, and 12-18
- Supervised practice teaching side-by-side with adolescents
Work with Administrators
- Additional study and writing on Montessori principles
- Independent literature review
Part III (6-7 weeks):
The follow-up module it there to further implement
and refine Montessori´s vision for the third plane of development. There will
be sharing of your observations and experience through the lens of Montessori core
principles in order to better support the adolescents in their developmental
task. Mini-workshops will also be given on theoretical and practical concerns.